The two-hour CPD session is delivered by the Regional School Liaison Officers (RSLOs) for Service Children on Microsoft Teams for up to 15 delegates. It is suitable for a small number of key staff from each school, who would benefit from understanding the needs of Service children in greater depth.
Aims of the training session:
- To raise awareness of Service children’s needs
- To increase staff confidence with supporting Service children in school.
1. Introduction to SSCE Cymru
2. Armed Forces in Wales
3. Service children's experiences
4. Education in Wales
5. Data and school admissions
6. Mental health and wellbeing
7. Extra-curricular activities
8. Funding for schools
9. Research and evidence
The session includes lots of opportunities for discussion, feedback and questions around the experiences of Service children and actions the school can take to embed good practice. A certificate will be awarded to all participants on completion of the CPD training.
As part of the Month of the Military Child in April, throughout the week commencing 19th April, SSCE Cymru is offering all schools in Wales who have Service children enrolled, an opportunity to participate in one of 60 CPD sessions timetabled throughout the week. For further information and to register for one of the sessions, see the SSCE Cymru Events page.