Funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, the Armed Forces Friendly Schools Status aims to:
- Embed good practice for supporting Service children
- Create a positive environment for Service children to share their experiences
- Encourage schools to become more engaged with their Armed Forces community.
The Regional School Liaison Officers (RSLO) will work closely with all schools to support them in achieving their status, through activities/actions on the SSCE Cymru School checklist.
Schools will be expected to follow these three steps throughout the process to achieve the status:
- Identify - Service children and a key member of staff to become the Service Children School Champion
- Understanding – Develop an understanding of Service children and their needs by completing the SSCE Cymru CPD/E-learning
- Engage – Engage with SSCE Cymru and the Armed Forces Community.