- Data is the key to understanding the impact of an Armed Forces lifestyle on Service children
- Schools can be better prepared to support their Service children
- Comparisons can be made on attainment levels between Service and non-Service children
- Patterns in school absence can be identified
- Local authorities can prepare to support Service children with their mental health and wellbeing needs
- Agencies can provide support and identify where there are gaps in provision
- Resources can be targeted to support specific needs in different geographical locations
- Further research can be conducted with an inclusive group of participants.
In the Welsh Government Armed Forces Covenant Annual Report 2019, Kirsty Williams AM, Minister for Education, made the commitment to collecting data on Service children in Wales. SSCE Cymru and the Directorate of Children and Young People of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) are supporting Welsh Government in implementing this change.