Celebrate your Service children’s experiences!
- Encourage Service children to get creative and write their own stories about being a Service child.
- Give Service children the opportunity to deliver a presentation about their experiences of being part of an Armed Forces family or share photos, to showcase their positive opportunities.
- Show videos of Service children in Wales sharing their experiences, available from SSCE Cymru.
- Run a discussion group with Service children to gain a better understanding of their experiences and identify ways the school can respond to their needs – you can use SSCE Cymru Tool 11.
- Run a story time using books about Service children’s experiences, the Armed Forces lifestyle, being a pupil in a new school or appreciating differences in one another. A series of six bilingual Little Troopers books can be requested for FREE from SSCECymru@wlga.gov.uk
- Encourage Service children to get creative and produce a piece of artwork that showcases their feelings about experiences of being part of an Armed Forces family.
- On a world map, pinpoint where Service children have lived or their parents have been posted.
- Make a Time Zone Wall, including a series of clocks to show the different time zones around the world where Service children have lived or their parents have been posted.
- Show videos of Service children in Wales learning Welsh, available from SSCE Cymru.