Home Start Cymru offers free, confidential support and practical help to parents of young children living across Wales who are going through a difficult time. Being a parent, whatever your situation, can be very difficult. Many people feel exhausted and overwhelmed by the stresses of family life. Home Start Cymru understand that, sometimes, a little help can make a world of difference and can be there to offer a listening ear or an extra pair of hands.
Home Start Cymru understand that, sometimes, parents need the offer of nurturing support and guidance. Their trained volunteers will visit you in your own home for between two and three hours a week to offer an extra pair of hands or a listening ear. During Covid Home Start Cymru are still there for you – offering remote, befriending services in line with government guidance.
What’s more, because everyone is different — and each child has their own unique, individual needs — Home Start Cymru will work with you to find out what you need support with, and tailor their time with you to suit that. You can also be reassured that their time with you will remain confidential.
Here are just a few of the things Home Start Cymru can help you with:
- Strengthening your relationship with your child or children.
- Improving your child’s physical and emotional health.
- Improving your physical and emotional health.
- Learning new parenting skills — some great tips and tricks!
- Feeling less lonely and isolated by recommending local services and groups.
- Reducing stress from family conflict.
- Meeting other people who are in the same boat by helping you make new connections.
To request support please complete the online contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the family coordinators will then be in touch with you.